Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ten Questions - Bible Verses

Ten Questions - Bible Verses:


Question 1:  Is there a direct command for it or against it in the bible?
Exodus 24:7
7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people.
They responded, "We will do everything the LORD has said; we will
obey."

John 14:15
15"If you love me, you will obey what I command.



Question 2:  Could this cause others to stumble in their faith?
Romans 14:21
21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else
that will cause your brother to fall.

I Corinthians 8:13
13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will
never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.


Question 3: Is this activity necessary?
I Corinthians 6:12
12"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial.
"Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by
anything.


Question 4:  Does this activity harm my body?
I Corinthians 3:16-17
16Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's
Spirit lives in you? 17If anyone destroys God's temple, God will
destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.


Question 5:  Does this activity rob me of my freedom?
Could it be addictive?
I Corinthians 6:19-20
19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who
is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.


Question 6:  Does this activity promote evil?
Romans 12:9
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

I Thessalonians 5:22
22Avoid every kind of evil.

Proverbs 8:13
13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.



Question 7:  Can I ask God's blessing on this activity?
John 8:28
28So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you
will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my
own but speak just what the Father has taught me.



Question 8:  Would I act differently if Jesus were standing next to me?
Proverbs 15:3
3 The eyes of the LORD are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

2 Chronicles 16:9
9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen
those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish
thing, and from now on you will be at war."



Question 9:  Can I glorify God in this thing?
I Corinthians 10:31
31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God.



Question 10:  What would Jesus do?
I John 2:6
6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.


No comments:

Post a Comment